Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mad World


Last night, as what seems like the rest of TV watching America must know, Adam Lambert sang "Mad World" on American Idol.

The song is filled with humor and sadness, like being at the circus but not enjoying it.

I first heard "Mad World" when my best friend Theresa recorded it on a CD for me as a birthday gift, along with other poems and songs on the CD. She gave me a portfolio book with her handwritten lyrics and pictures cut out of books and magazines. This, she wrote, was one of her favorite songs. It was the version from the movie Donnie Darko.
So I'm thinking of my best friend and how long it's been since we've seen each other and the tune of "Mad World" is going through my head, I think it's kind of funny, I think it's kind of sad




No comments:

Post a Comment