Thursday, June 25, 2009

Coming closer by going away

One way I move closer to my book and my creative self is by going away.

Life is full of such ironies, isn't it?

We go to Chicago for two days and being in the midst of towering buildings with filigree and arched windows energizes me. I could stare at the river from our 27th floor for ... a while, anyway.

We have dinner on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Building. As the city lights up at night it's as if we are in the heavens, looking down at the stars.

I'm at peace, for the first time in a long time.


Back at work, I notice two habits I have that are counterproductive to my creativity:

1) panicky at the items that need to be done
2) creating lists of tasks that should be done but I don't wanna do (not like list below of my book projects)

Well, love your hat and see you Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment